Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to the first AlphaBakes challenge for 2014. As you know we are almost running out of letters now and we've still not come upon the dreaded 'Z'. Fortunately it's not the letter for this month but a close cousin... "Y" Yay!
If you've not already seen the "X" round up from Dec, do check it out as there are lots of festive entries and one or two unusual ideas for X. As mentioned in the Dec AlphaBakes round up I will be hosting AlphaBakes for Jan instead of Caroline who will be back hosting in Feb. Usual rules apply. Please remember to email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th January 2014.
1. Post your recipe on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.
2. You can use your own recipe or someone else's recipe. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/recipes but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.
3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.
4. Email your entries to email@example.com by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:
- Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog)
- Your blog post URL
- Recipe title
- Photo of recipe (to be included in the round up)
6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.
7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.
8. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see.
9. Have fun! :)