Friday 26 February 2010

Birthday Cupcakes

It was a friend's birthday recently and I decided to make some plain vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting.  It was a last minute job and I had to make do with what I had in my kitchen. There are numerous recipes but most of them require milk. Unfortunately I didn't have any milk to hand so I modified the recipe slightly but it still turned out well. I only wanted to make 4 cakes so I halved the normal recipe for 12 cupcakes and used large muffin sized cases. Made exactly 4 large cupcakes :) which was great but meant there was none left for me to try!

Now comes the fun part. Cakes waiting to be frosted with pretty colours

My personal favourite




My favourite gold ribbon for the finishing touch

Happy Birthday P :)

For the Cupcakes (makes 12 regular cupcakes)
125g butter
125g caster sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder

For the buttercream frosting (I sort of made up the proportions this time!)
100g Butter
200g icing sugar
Food colouring (optional)


  • Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until light and fluffy

  • Sift flour 2-3 times before mixing in

  • Make the buttercream icing by combining icing sugar and butter. You may need to add a drop of water to get the desired consistency.

  • Decorate and enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!