The cookie monster is back :) I saw these mini fudge chunks and thought I'd try the recipe that comes with it. I don't usually like fudge but these cookies are seriously amazing. They are really crispy and crunchy with just the right amount of chocolate and fudge in it. I've never put ground almonds in cookies before but it worked really well and gave it the extra texture. I might try that with my other cookie recipes.
Makes approx 36 cookies
175g caster sugar
2 eggs yolks
50g ground almonds
50g choc chips
50g Mini Fudge Chunks
225g self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line and grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in 2 egg yolks, ground almonds, choc chips, mini fudge chunks and flour.
- Mix well.
- Spoon dough onto baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.