I've been seeing advertisements for Cadbury's Marvellous Mix Ups everywhere. It contains mini oreos, cadbury pebbles, white chocolate buttons and milk chocolate buttons. It sounds delicious and I just couldn't resist especially when they were on special offer in Tesco. I decided to bake them into a cookie using my candy cookie recipe. I baked them for an event at work and everyone really enjoyed them. The cookies have a crisp edge and soft centre and the filling was a surprise as each cookie was different. Definitely a crowd pleaser and would be brilliant at kids parties or for entertaining. I think they would also work well in a brownie.
the marvellous mix ups and pebbles remained intact after baking. I love how the mini oreos peek through and how the pebbles add a lovely splash of colour.
175g caster sugar
110g brown sugar
225g unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
450g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
55ml milk (you may need less)
1 bag of Cadbury's marvellous mix ups and 1 bag of cadbury's pebbles
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Gradually add the milk until a soft dough forms (be careful not to add too much milk or the dough will be too sticky)
- Sitr in the marvellous mix ups and pebbles by hand.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to place small scoops of dough spaced apart on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 8-9 minutes or until they are golden brown but still slightly soft.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The cookies will harden as they cool.