Finely chop walnuts and roast in oven until fragrant
Mix sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl
Stir in walnuts
Add egg whites and vanilla extract
Spoon batter onto baking sheets
Delicious, chewy cookies :)
250g icing sugar
60g cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Finely chop walnuts and bake in preheated oven until fragrant (approximately 10mins)
- Mix sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Add the egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Beat until just moistened - do not overbeat or batter will stiffen
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until tops are lightly cracked and glossy.