Sunday 7 March 2010

Oreo Cheesecake Brownie

I've been on a real sugar high recently as I've been bingeing on brownies and cookies! I had a real craving for Oreos, cheesecake and chocolate hence the Oreo Cheesecake Brownie. Clearly not the first person to think of this idea but a first time for me making it. I got recipe ideas from the Brown Eyed Baker and Joy of Baking and made very minor modifications. Think it turned out pretty well in the end. Definitely satisfied my cravings... for the moment ;) I love Oreos and can't believe some people do not know what it is! Gasp. Unbelievable but true.

Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth
Oreos before it gets a bashing from my rolling pin!
Add crushed Oreos to the cream cheese mixture

Spoon the cream cheese/Oreo mixture on top of brownie batter

Swirl to create a marbled effect

Wanted to see how it would look with whole Oreos on top so I put them in one corner
The final result

Slices with whole Oreos
Without the whole Oreo topping - definitely prefer these, I think I may add more Oreos to the mix next time.

Tempted?

For the brownies
113g unsalted butter
114g plain chocolate
150g sugar (I reduced the sugar in this recipe so do add more if you prefer yours sweeter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
65g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

For the cheesecake swirl
225g cream cheese
50g sugar
6 Oreo cookies, crushed

  • Preheat oven to 180C.
  • Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
  • Remove from the heat and stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
  • Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and beat well until the batter is smooth and glossy.
  • Spread batter evenly in baking pan.
  • Stir cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well blended.
  • Gently sitr in crushed Oreo cookies.
  • Spoon the cream cheese/Oreo mixture in nine evenly spaced dollops in top of the brownie batter.
  • Using a dull knife or icing spatula, gently swirl the cream cheese mixture with the brownie batter.
  • Bake for 30-35 minutes until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pain and the batter in the centre feels just set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!