Thursday 28 March 2013

Easter Mini Egg Brownies


I can't believe it's almost Easter - it's really early this year and seems to have snuck up on me. Last year I made Easter eggs with a twist - cake baked in real eggshells. This year, I made brownies and cupcakes. Guess I'd better start planning for next year! :)

I got this recipe from Jo's Blue Aga. Jo is the winner of 2011 Great British Bake Off and has really great recipes on her site. I remember seeing this last year and bookmarked it to try so here it is. It's a brownies recipe with mini eggs inside and on top. I put the mini eggs in the freezer  as suggested but mine still cracked after baking :( My new oven is very hot so next time I might try baking at a lower temperature. The brownies were crisp and chocolatey and I loved the addition of the mini eggs.

I'm entering this to Calendar Cakes hosted by Laura from Laura loves Cakes and co-hosted by Rachel from Dolly Bakes. The theme this month is Easter Extravaganza.

I'm also entering this to bookmarked recipes hosted by Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes.



 I finally get to use my jar of vanilla sugar which has been in storage for months and smells heavenly. 

 ready to go in the oven

 add mini eggs on top after baking for 25 minutes


 you can see the mini egg inside


14 comments:

  1. such a fun brownie and I love the way all the eggs have cracked on top... I may get round to making this this weekend.... happy easter x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious Ros, I've been wanting to make mini egg brownies for easter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got to make one for Easter, otherwise there's always next year :)

      Delete
  3. Mini eggs are the ultimate Easter treat and a fab addition to a brownie...these look lovely. Thanks for entering them into this month's Calendar Cakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mini eggs definitely spell Easter to me. I used to stock up pre-Easter so I could have them throughout the year!

      Delete
  4. Love this Ros look just lovely I love mini eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's not to love? Pass them this way!!

    ps the Bookmarked Recipes roundup is live. Thanks for adding them Ros :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have more now! Thanks for adding to the bookmarked recipe round up.

      Delete
  6. Yum, I love mini eggs so much! and these brownies look fudgy and relish! I love the way the eggs cracked...looks like they're hatching hehe! Happy Easter! I bought tons of easter candy and then forgot to bake with any of it - whoops! so we're eating it all instead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit disappointed that the eggs cracked but I love your idea that it looks like eggs hatching - thanks! Hope you had a good candy filled Easter x

      Delete
  7. such a fun brownie and I love the way all the eggs have cracked on top... I may get round to making this this weekend....
    long slot toaster

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!