Sunday, 12 October 2014

Oreo Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies


This bake is made of all my favourite ingredients - peanut butter, oreos and fudgy brownies. As mentioned in my previous post, one of the first boxes I opened contained my stash of oreo cookies. I also found my giant jar of peanut butter which is how this recipe came about. I used my all time favourite fudgy brownie recipe and added in chopped oreos and a layer of creamy peanut butter. My friend gave me a bag of Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups as a house warming present so I added a few on top. The brownies were absolutely amazing. It's rich, chocolatey and fudgey. You get the crunch from the oreo cookies and the smooth peanut butter layer on top gives it a lovely saltiness which cuts through the sweetness. 

I'm sending this to the Biscuit Barrel Challenge hosted by Laura from I'd Much Rather Bake Than... as she has chosen the theme comfort food. Nothing says comfort like a warm fudgy brownie especially when it's served with cream or ice cream! Perfect for cold, autumn nights.


I'm also sending it to Love Cake hosted by Ness from Jibber Jabber UK. The theme this month is Dark. This recipe uses dark chocolate and it would be perfect for Halloween too.



 add flour and cocoa powder 

 stir in chopped oreos

 before baking  

 fresh from the oven 

 I love how you can still see the peanut butter layer and peanut butter cups


200g butter, chopped into smallish cubes
375g sugar
170g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
165g plain flour
80g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 pack of Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
150g smooth peanut butter
60ml milk 
Mini peanut butter cups to decorate

  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • In a medium sized pan, melt the butter and chocolate.
  • Then whisk in the sugar, salt and vanilla extract. 
  • Continue mixing until you get a smooth mixture then remove from heat and set aside for a few minutes.
  • Whisk in the eggs one at a time and then the flour and cocoa powder until you get a fudgy mixture as shown. 
  • Stir in chopped oreos, 
  • Place the peanut butter in a large bowl and add the milk. Whisk together until smooth - it will take a few minutes and it will look lumpy and wet to start but continue whisking and you will get a nice, smooth mixture.
  • Spread the peanut butter layer on top of the brownies and use a fork to gently swirl it through. 
  • Add in mini peanut butter cups if using. 
  • Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes until the top is crisp and the edges are cooked. 
  • Allow to cool in the pan. 
  • Slice and enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. Another perfect comfort food recipe Ros using a brilliant combination of ingredients. I NEED to add Oreos to my brownies next time. Thanks for sharing with the Biscuit Barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! They look so deep and squidgy - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohhhh...... YES PLEASE! Great flavours.... peanut and chocolate are always so well matched. I can imagine Oreos adding a wonderful crunch. They make GF ones now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they make gluten free oreos! The possibilities are endless....

      Delete
  4. Oreo peanut butter brownies? I don't remember I've ever heard about better combination for making brownies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a combination! I can't believe all the flavours and textures that can be in a brownie! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 피곤한 날에도 외출하지 않고 편안하게 관리받을 수 있다는 점이 특히 마음에 들었습니다. 수원출장마사지 집이나 숙소에서 이용할 수 있어 접근성이 좋고 바쁜 일정에도 활용하기 편합니다. 지친 부위를 부드럽게 풀어주면서 몸을 편안하게 이완할 수 있어 하루의 피로를 정리하는 데 도움이 되었습니다.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 야간 시간대의 근무를 선호하거나 낮에 다른 일정이 있는 분들에게 좋은 선택지가 될 수 있겠어요. 밤알바 시간 활용의 폭을 넓혀주는 장점이 있고, 근무 장소와 조건을 미리 확인하면 보다 안정적으로 일정을 계획할 수 있다는 점도 마음에 듭니다.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 시간 관리가 중요한 직장인에게는 이용 과정이 간편한 서비스가 도움이 된다고 생각합니다. 평택출장마사지 관련 내용을 보니 이동 시간을 줄이면서 개인 일정에 맞춰 관리받을 수 있어 효율적인 휴식 방법으로 활용하기 좋을 것 같습니다.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 상품권은 선물용으로 편리하지만 실제 사용 빈도가 낮은 종류는 보관만 하게 되는 경우가 많습니다. 상품권매입 알아보면 보유 상품권을 정리하는 방법을 확인할 수 있어 좋네요. 이용 전 조건과 절차를 꼼꼼하게 살펴보면 더욱 편리하게 활용할 수 있습니다.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 시간 활용을 효율적으로 하고 싶다면 이동 시간을 줄이는 것도 중요한 부분입니다. 수원출장마사지 서비스는 원하는 장소에서 이용할 수 있어 휴식 계획을 세우기 편리합니다. 바쁜 일정 속에서도 필요한 시간을 확보하고 편안한 환경에서 재충전할 수 있다는 점이 실용적인 장점으로 느껴집니다.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 활동량이 많은 날이나 장시간 업무로 몸이 지친 날 편안하게 쉬는 시간이 중요하다고 느낍니다. 출장마사지 익숙한 공간에서 받을 수 있어 심리적으로도 편안하고, 이동 부담을 줄이면서 휴식 시간을 효율적으로 활용할 수 있다는 장점이 있습니다.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!