If you don't already know, I'm a huge fan of oreos and I love baking with them. I've already blogged about 12 oreo bakes on my blog and I'd like to add this to the list. Oreo cookies within a cookie - what else could you ask for? I came across this recipe from an American Cupcake in London - which is a really cool blog so do check it out if you haven't already. It's a really simple recipe and very quick to put together. If you're anything like me then you will already have these items in your cupboard.
Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
75g caster sugar
75g brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mixture.
- Crumble oreo cookies and stir in by hand.
- Drop heaped tablespoonfuls of dough (or use a small ice cream scoop) onto a lined baking tray, spaced well apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.