Friday 15 June 2012

Roasted Banana Cupcakes


This month I'm guest hosting the Martha Stewart Cupcake Club (MSCC) and I chose roasted banana cupcakes on page 140-141. As you know I love bananas and I was intrigued by roasting the bananas first before adding it to the batter. Martha says it gives the cupcakes a more pronounced banana flavour and keeps the cakes very moist. All I can say is she is right! These cupcakes are absolutely delicious even if you don't like bananas! The honey cinnamon frosting is absolutely divine and pairs well with the banana cupcake. Definitely one to make again.

If you are interested in joining in MSCC, click on the link for more information. There is no official membership so you can just link up on the day. Posting day is always the 15th of the month. The summer assignments have already been chosen and they are: 

JULY 15 - Apricot Glazed Black and White Cheesecakes
AUGUST 15 - Blackberry-Cornmeal Cupcakes







 Roast 3 ripe bananas in a hot oven for approximately 15mins 

 After roasting - the peels will darken which is to be expected.  Note to self - remember to line the tray first! 

 Banana cupcake batter on left. Whipped egg white on the right. Fold egg white into the batter. 

 ready to go in the oven 

 Pipe seven scallops around the perimeter of the cupcake... 

 ... and a star in the centre. 

 My piping was terrible!! My frosting was quite soft and it didn't quite hold its shape. 

 Luckily the bananas cover most of it :) 


Recipe from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes Page 140-141

24 comments:

  1. They are so pretty! Nice idea with roasted bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sounds really good. I love roasted banana and caramel and cinnamon. Winning combo! I like the pipign too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I tried this as I'll definitely be making it again :)

      Delete
  3. Love it! Roasted banana and cinnamon.ummm. super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely banana cupcakes & great recipe too! Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't resist a challenge can you Ros? I'd be up for this one if it wasn't for the chocolate ;-)

    Cupcakes look delicious. I've been caramelising mine before baking recently which I guess has a similar effect to roasting. The honey and cinnamon frosting sounds gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL me and my challenges ;-) I'm glad I did this as these cupcakes were divine!! I have a confession - I ate some leftover frosting for breakfast :)

      Delete
  6. Honey and cinnamon frosting on a banana cupcake sounds (and looks) delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were amazingly delicious... wish I still had some left!

      Delete
  7. Oooh, these sound fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, love it! Great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great - I love the way you have done the piping and the chunks of banana. Absolutely scrummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were absolutely scrummy indeed - disappeared quicker than you can say roasted banana cupcakes with honey and cinnamon frosting! :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to check yours out now :)

      Delete
  11. I like the idea of roasting the bananas before using them, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look fab - love, love, LOVE the idea of roasted banana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked brilliantly - do give it a go. I'm definitely making this again :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Baking Addict!

    Thanks so much for selecting the Roasted Banana Cupcakes! I'm sorry I'm so late with posting this month, but these were definitely a keeper! Yours look great! I really enjoyed the roasting of the bananas and will definitely do that again!

    Hope to see you next month!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!