Hurrah for Friday! It's been a long busy week and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. This is a really quick and easy dessert to make. I had some leftover double cream that was near exipiring so I did a quick search on google and came up with lemon posset. This is actually something I wanted to make for my New Year's Day Afternoon Tea but I never got round to it. I also had some fresh strawberries in the fridge so I did a mini layered dessert with fresh strawberries, lemon posset and more fresh strawberries. It was really zingy and fruity and felt quite refreshing despite the cream in there.
I'm sending this to No Waste Food Challenge hosted by Elizabeth from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary. I used up leftover cream that was near expiring and some fresh strawberries for this recipe.
600mls double cream
200g golden caster sugar
zest and juice of 3 lemons
fresh strawberries (optional)
- Place and cream and sugar in a large saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has melted.
- Simmer gently once the mixture is bubbling and turn off the heat.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest and stir.
- Allow to cool in the pan before dividing into serving dishes.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- I placed a layer of chopped strawberries followed by the lemon posset and more fresh strawberries.