Tuesday 7 April 2015

Triple Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies


A quick and easy recipe today. I love chocolate chip cookies and usually bake them for bake sales or group events. I tend to avoid putting nuts in case there are any nut allergy sufferers. So far, my favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe is this one but I have to say these are a close second. I saw this recipe on Averi Cooks blog and just had to try it out. She replaces some of the butter with cream cheese and it gives the cookie a lovely, soft and creamy texture. I used triple chocolate chips - milk, dark and white and omitted the nuts. This cookie got lots of rave reviews and they kept well in an airtight container for up to a week. I can imagine that the cookie dough would work well with leftover Easter chocolate.

I'm sending this to Tea Time Treats hosted by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Jane from The Hedgecombers. The theme this month is Chocolate!







Recipe adapted slightly from Averi Cooks

113g butter
50g cream cheese
125g brown sugar
50g caster sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
315g plain flour
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
100g milk chocolate chips
100g dark chocolate chips
100g white chocolate chips


  • Preheat the oven to 180C. 
  • Cream the butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
  • Add the flour, cornflour and bicarbonate of soda.
  • Mix well then stir in the chocolate chips by hand. 
  • Place small scoops of cookie dough spaced apart on a lined baking tray.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. 
  • It will still be soft but will harden as the cookies cool.
  • Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

1 comment:

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!