Wednesday 17 August 2011

Banana Nutella Bundt Cake


If you haven't already figured it out, I love baking with bananas and am always looking for new recipes. I've been wanting to try this for a while as it has bananas and nutella, both firm favourites with me. Unfortunately, I baked this whilst I was busy working and so didn't pay attention to the recipe and missed swirling the batter. Oh well, its not very pretty but it was definitely tasty. I'll have to make it again with a beautiful swirl. To see what it should look like, click over to the food librarian who inspired this recipe. 



220g flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
225g caster sugar
57g butter
3 medium bananas, mashed 
2 eggs
1/3 cup plain yoghurt
1/2 cup Nutella

  • Preheat the oven to 180C. 
  • Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
  • Scoop nutella into a medium bowl and mix with a spoon to soften but do not heat. 
  • Cream butter and sugar at medium speed in an electric mixer. 
  • Lightly beat the eggs and add to the batter.
  • Add the mashed bananas and yoghurt. 
  • At low speed, add the flour mixture.
  • Scoop out 1 cup of batter and fold in the nutella. 
  • Spoon plain batter into a prepared bundt pan.
  • Top with nutella mixture and swirl with a knife.
  • Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 


6 comments:

  1. Banana and Nutella are always a heavenly match for cakes and dessert. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh and here's me with a brand new jar of Nutella in the pantry :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get me a bundt tin! I've bundt-tin envy- the cakes look just so sophisticated. And banana and nutella- definitely a winning combination!

    All the very best with your rose planning- I very much look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooooooh, what a combo of flavours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nutella and banana sounds yummy! Was the cake still moist the next day though? The last time I baked with nutella the cake went really dry on the second day which was a shame as it tasted so good the first day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo - I brought it to work and it was eaten the same day. I don't think I've ever kept anything I've baked with Nutella for more than one day so sorry I can't help you there! Anyone has any experience?

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!