Friday 5 August 2011

Pecan and chocolate chip cookies


I also made these for the bake sale event that I made flapjacks and homemade chocolate fudge for. I figured everyone loves cookies (well mainly me!) I remember seeing this recipe using vegetable oil instead of butter and thinking it would be so quick and easy to put together and it was! No mixer required. Just add all ingredients and stir - my favourite kind of recipe!
The cookies smelled amazing coming out of the oven and tasted good! The crunch and flavour of pecan nuts was subtle but I think I may have chopped the nuts too finely. Next time, I'll roughly chop them and maybe use chopped chocolate instead of chocolate chips.


 forming cookie dough 

 add chocolate chips and pecans 


160g brown sugar
80ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder 
1/4 teaspoon salt
125g whole wheat flour
80g oats
80g dark chocolate chips 
30g toasted pecan pieces 

  • Preheat the oven to 180C. 
  • Mix brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg. 
  • Add the flour, salt and baking powder. 
  • Mix well.
  • Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. 
  • Scoop a small ice-cream scoop of cookie dough onto prepared trays, spaced about 2 inches apart.
  • Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
  • Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

5 comments:

  1. Good Lord woman! That bake sale table must of been positively groaning under the weight of all your baking! Stirling effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @gloria - thanks!

    @chele - Thanks! It was a very successful bake sale and it was for charity. That's all the goodies I made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pecan, chocolate, oats....you have all my favourite ingredients in one cookie recipe! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of anything oaty so these are really calling to me

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!