I made this for the same bake sale event that I made the flapjacks for. These were chosen as it's a simple no bake recipe and I thought the kids would love it. I got the recipe from a cute little book called Miss Hope's Chocolate Box. It was really easy to make and proved to be extremely popular on the day.
60g unsalted butter
125g milk chocolate, chopped
125g dark chocolate, chopped
200g can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 bag of M&M's
- Generously butter a 17cm square tin and line with baking parchment.
- Heat 2inch of water in a pan.
- Pop a heatproof bowl on top of the pan, making sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Add the two types of chocolate, butter, condensed milk and vanilla extract to the bowl.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and allow the chocolate and butter to melt.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir all the ingredients together.
- Pour into the prepared tin and scatter over M&M's (or topping of your choice), pushing them in slightly so that they stick.
- Cool, then chill overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into squares.