Last week I had a craving for cheesecake. A lemon cheesecake to be precise. I remember watching Mary Berry demonstrate this cheesecake so I decided to look up the recipe. It's a really simple no bake recipe which took all of 10 minutes to put together. The longest wait is for the cheesecake to firm up and we were too impatient so it was still a little soft when we first tried it. It firmed up nicely in the fridge for the next day. I used Hobnobs for the base instead of ginger biscuits as I'm not a fan of ginger and used different berries to decorate. The result was divine. It's a really creamy, rich, lemony cheesecake and I loved the crunch of the hobnob base. This would be great for a dinner party and will be sure to impress.
Recipe is available on Mary Berry online
I made a few minor changes listed below
I used a large cake tin 23cm which resulted in a very flat cheesecake, I'd recommend using a 18cm or less cake tin.
200g hobnob biscuits, crushed
100g butter, melted
500g mascarpone cheese
325g jar luxury lemon curd
Juice of 1 small lemon
Fresh strawberries and blueberries, to decorate
Icing sugar, to dust
- Place the biscuits in a ziplock bag, seal and bash with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a microwave.
- Add the melted butter to the biscuits and mix well.
- Press firmly into the base of your cake tin making sure not to go up the edges.
- In a large bowl, mix the mascarpone cheese, lemon curd and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour over the biscuit base and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Decorate with fresh berries and a sprinkling of icing sugar before serving.