It's Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day again. I had a holiday in February so it's been almost 2 months since my last Secret Recipe Club post. I also made this very early in the month so it feels like I have been waiting forever to share this amazing recipe with you. A quick reminder if you are unfamiliar with this challenge - each blog is assigned another blog in secret and the idea is that you choose a recipe to make from your secret blog and reveal it on the same day. It's a great way to discover other blogs and it's undoubtedly one of my favourite blog challenges.
My secret blog this month is Natural Noshing written by Nora who is an active foodie with a passion for nutrition and eating natural, real food. She eats gluten free and mostly refined sugar free and her blog has a wide range of delicious, healthy recipes. She has a lot of dairy free, vegan, gluten free recipes on her blog which made it difficult to choose one for reveal day. I shortlisted quite a few as I find I am getting more requests for gluten free/dairy free/vegan/healthier recipes. This includes Gooey Chocolate Hazelnut Cakes with fresh raspberry coulis, Vegan Poppyseed Amaranth Cake, 5 minute cheesecake mousse and Quinoa Waffles.
In the end I chose to make her Flourless Chunky Monkey Chip Cookies. I love peanut butter and chocolate and I love banana with peanut butter so combining all three made perfect sense to me as it did to Nora! As she says, these are so easy to put together and so delicious. It got rave reviews and everyone wanted the recipe for it. The bonus is that it is gluten free. If you are making this for someone who is allergic to nuts, you can use roasted sunflower seeds which I'd not thought of before so thank you for that handy tip Nora.
Recipe from Natural Noshing
250g smooth peanut butter
175g brown sugar
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g honey roasted peanuts, chopped
60g chocolate chunks
40g banana chips + extra for decoration (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, egg, bicarbonate of soda, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
- Stir in the peanuts, chocolate chunks and banana chips.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out cookie dough spaced apart on the baking tray.
- Place a banana chip on top of each cookie before baking if desired.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.