This is my last blogpost before the Christmas holidays. My blog will be taking a short break and normal services will resume towards the end of January. Baileys and Christmas are synonymous and it just isn't Christmas without Baileys! These Baileys chocolate cheesecake trifles are really quick and easy to make and are guaranteed to be a hit at your Christmas parties. You can make them in a large dish to be served family style or serve them in small individual dishes. We had them at our Christmas drinks with our neighbours and everyone thoroughly enjoyed them. It's full of Baileys and has a lovely creamy richness from the cream cheese and whipped cream. The Oreos add a lovely crunch and chocolatey boost.
I'm sending this to We Should Cocoa guest hosted this month by Munchies & Munchkins on behalf of Choclette from Tin and Thyme. The theme this month is Christmas and as mentioned earlier, Baileys and chocolate pretty much equal Christmas to me!
Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year! See you all back in Jan 2016 when I will be hosting AlphaBakes.
Recipe from Life, Love and Sugar
For the cheesecake layer
450g cream cheese
55g caster sugar
30g cocoa powder
4-6 tablespoons Baileys
For the whipped cream layer
250mls whipping cream
2-3 tablespoons Baileys
1.5 tablespoon cocoa powder
3 tablespoon icing sugar
Base and topping
15 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Add in Baileys and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it starts to thicken then add in the Baileys, cocoa powder and icing sugar and whisk until stiff peak forms.
- Assemble the trifles by putting a layer of cookie crumbs at the bottom of each dish. Reserve a few tablespoons for the topping.
- Pipe or spoon the cheesecake layer on top of the cookie crumbs followed by the whipped cream layer.
- Repeat with a further layer of cheesecake filling followed by the whipped cream filling.
- Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs on top.