This week I've been busy baking breakfast food. I've already posted my banana, blueberry and apple muffins and I have another muffin recipe to share with you later. For a change, I decided to make some chunky flapjacks which are brilliant for breakfast on the go. I bought some packets of fruit, nut and seed mix from Aldi as healthier snacks during a recent road trip. However, we didn't get round to eating them so I thought I'd use them to make flapjacks. These are really crunchy and chunky and I loved the addition of the fruits, nuts and seeds.
Makes 6 large, chunky flapjacks
125g golden caster sugar
50g golden syrup
225g porridge oats
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
200g dried fruit, nut and seed mix
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a medium sized pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon and flour.
- Add the oat mixture to the butter mixture and stir.
- Add in the fruit, nut and seed mix and sitr well.
- Spoon into the baking tray (you can use a shallow baking tin) and level the top with a spatula.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares before serving (if you used a shallow baking tin).