Friday 27 February 2015

Fruit, Nut and Seed Flapjacks


This week I've been busy baking breakfast food. I've already posted my banana, blueberry and apple muffins and I have another muffin recipe to share with you later. For a change, I decided to make some chunky flapjacks which are brilliant for breakfast on the go. I bought some packets of fruit, nut and seed mix from Aldi as healthier snacks during a recent road trip. However, we didn't get round to eating them so I thought I'd use them to make flapjacks. These are really crunchy and chunky and I loved the addition of the fruits, nuts and seeds.  


 adding the fruit, nut and seed mix 

 I used my individual loaf tray to get chunky flapjacks 



Makes 6 large, chunky flapjacks
150g butter
125g golden caster sugar
50g golden syrup
225g porridge oats
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
200g dried fruit, nut and seed mix


  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a medium sized pan. 
  • In a medium sized bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon and flour.
  • Add the oat mixture to the butter mixture and stir.
  • Add in the fruit, nut and seed mix and sitr well. 
  • Spoon into the baking tray (you can use a shallow baking tin) and level the top with a spatula.
  • Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown. 
  • Cut into squares before serving (if you used a shallow baking tin). 

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, I love the idea of those chunky mini loaf shapes for flapjacks, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!