Yes it's another peanut butter recipe but I make no apologies for it as it's amazing. I found a bag of peanut butter M&M's at the back of the cupboard and instead of eating the whole bag myself (which was tempting) I decided to bake them into cookies. I found a great recipe online from Sally's Baking Addiction and knew I had to make it immediately. It has peanut butter, peanut butter M&M's, chocolate chips and oats. Absolutely delicious! The cookies were really tasty and it was hard to stop at one. Needless to say these did not last long! I'm going to try these again with some Reece's pieces and maybe chopped up peanut butter cups.
Recipea adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
115g unsalted butter
100g light brown sugar
50g caster sugar
1 large egg
185g smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
160g all purpose flour
300g peanut butter M&Ms
100g chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars for a few minutes.
- Add in the peanut butter, egg, vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Finally stir in the peanut butter M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Drop small scoops of dough spaced apart on the baking tray.
- Press an M&M on top of the cookie before baking.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- The cookie will be soft but they will harden as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.