I also made these for the bake sale event that I made flapjacks and homemade chocolate fudge for. I figured everyone loves cookies (well mainly me!) I remember seeing this recipe using vegetable oil instead of butter and thinking it would be so quick and easy to put together and it was! No mixer required. Just add all ingredients and stir - my favourite kind of recipe!
The cookies smelled amazing coming out of the oven and tasted good! The crunch and flavour of pecan nuts was subtle but I think I may have chopped the nuts too finely. Next time, I'll roughly chop them and maybe use chopped chocolate instead of chocolate chips.
160g brown sugar
80ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
125g whole wheat flour
80g dark chocolate chips
30g toasted pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Scoop a small ice-cream scoop of cookie dough onto prepared trays, spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
- Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.