This is the best banana bread recipe I've ever tried. I love bananas and strawberries so when I saw this recipe it was a no-brainer. The bread is really moist and juicy. I think it's the sour cream that makes the difference - I'm going to try adding it to my other banana bread recipe and see what happens. I love the slight tang of the strawberries and the juicy banana flavour. Definitely a bake again and again on my list. Try it, I promise you won't regret it!
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
95g brown sugar
95g caster sugar
125mls sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 mashed bananas
175g chopped strawberries (reserve a few to decorate on top)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the sour cream and then the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the chopped strawberries.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a loaf pan and decorate with slices of strawberries on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.