Thursday 18 August 2011

Peanut Butter Brownies


I saw this recipe ages ago on BBC Good Food, one of my favourite websites and then I saw it on chocolate teapot's blog and knew I just had to make it. I love brownies and peanut butter so this was a definite winner for me. I'm not sure if I overbaked them as they were a little on the dry side for me but still delicious (I prefer my brownies on the gooey side) I also added a whole layer of peanut butter instead of drizzling as suggested!

 cook ingredients 

 add egg 


 my layer of peanut butter 

 drizzle with chocolate 

 
225g crunchy peanut butter (I used 175g for the batter & 280g for the topping)
200g dark chocolate (reserve 50g for drizzling)
250g light brown sugar
3 eggs
100g self raising flour

  • Preheat oven to 180C. 
  • Set aside 50g of peanut butter and chocolate each. 
  • Gently melt the remaining peanut butter, chocolate and sugar in a pan, stirring occasionally. 
  • Turn off the heat and beat in the eggs one at a time.
  • Stir in flour and scrape into baking tray. 
  • Melt reserved peanut butter until runny and drizzle over the brownies (or if you are like me then add a whole layer of peanut butter)
  • Bake for 30-35 minutes until it has a crust but the middle still seems slightly undercooked. 
  • Melt reserved (50g) chocolate, drizzle over the brownie, then cool in the tin before cutting into squares. 


6 comments:

  1. Yum. I'd have more to say but my fingers are slipping off the keyboard due to excessive drooling over here :) Seriously they look amazing, peanutbutter and brownie?? I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look pretty good to me. I too prefer slightly gooey (did I say slightly? I meant extremely gooey!) brownies. I think I had overcooked mine too but maybe its just the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful brownies! I always say that there is no better combination than peanut butter and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There seem to be brownies all over the net at the moment - these, I think, are among my faves as I love the addition of peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm I love peanut butter and chocolate together! I'm going to give these a try, thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm, peanut butter brownies are now on my list - these sound amazing. They look really pretty too with the drizzle pattern and colour contrasts. But I must remember to be careful about baking time - like you I like a gooey brownie.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!