Here's one I made quite a few months back now but still remains in my memory. This is the perfect recipe for when you can't decide between a brownie and a cookie. It's really chocolatey with a dense brownie texture but a slight crunch of a cookie. Simple and delicious.
1 tablespoon oil
approximately 5g (1 teaspoon) of butter
365g chocolate chips
2 large eggs
150g light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt oil, butter and chocolate chips in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into a shallow pan and freeze for 6 to 8 minutes until the batter sets and hardens slightly (Do not exceed 15 minutes freezing time otherwise the batter will be too frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Scoop out the cookie dough using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the top looks dry and cracked.
- Allow to cool completely.