Apologies for the long absence everyone. I don't know where July has disappeared to. I have been baking albeit very sparsely this month and haven't had time to blog about any of my creations yet but hopefully all in good time. Anyway I'm glad that I've just managed to make it for the we should cocoa challenge this month. When I first found out that the special ingredient for this month is apricots, my heart sank a little as I don't really like apricots and couldn't immediately think of an apricot and chocolate pairing. However, in a flash of inspiration at the weekend, I found this cookie recipe which has apricots and cherries (yet another fruit I'm not too fond of). So you can imagine my excitement at making these cookies! I was honestly surprised at how well they turned out and how delicious they are. They are quite addictive and I had a quite a few when it came out of the oven :) The cookies are quite buttery with a slight crispy edge and soft chewy bits of apricots and cherries. Plus I'm pretty sure they contribute to my 5 a day! :)
150g soft brown sugar
150g self raising flour
225g porridge oats
100g glace cherries, cut into pieces
100g soft dried apricots, cut into pieces
100g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Use your hands at the end to give it a really good mix.
- Place a tablespoon of dough or use a small ice cream scoop onto the baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.