I love Oreo cookies and there are quite a few recipes using Oreo cookies on my blog. My favourites are the mint oreos and peanut butter oreos which I can only buy in America or at a huge cost and effort in UK. I was ecstatic to find out that Oreo have launched 2 new flavours in the UK and they are available in most major supermarkets. The flavours are Peanut Butter and Golden Oreo. I saw them at Asda recently and they are only 50p a pack! I couldn't help myself and bought a few packets so look out for more recipes!
I was sent 2 packs each of Peanut Butter Oreos and Golden Oreos to try. The Peanut Butter ones have the classic chocolate biscuit and a peanut butter filling whereas the Golden Oreos have a sweet golden biscuit and a vanilla creme filling. I love peanut butter but I actually prefer the golden oreos to the peanut butter oreos. Go figure!
I decided to make a quick and easy no bake recipe with the oreo cookies. I'ts based on my mini peanut butter oreo cheesecake recipe which I said was the best dessert I've eaten! The base is made of peanut butter oreos which is filled with a cream cheese, peanut butter and cream filling and topped with a Golden Oreo. It's absolutely delicious particularly if you like peanut butter. It's really simple to put together and only requires 6 ingredients.
I used my individual brownie pain and placed strips of parchment paper in a cross fashion so it's easier to remove the squares later.
Makes 10 squares as shown
1 pack peanut butter oreos (14 biscuits)
10 golden oreo biscuits
50g butter, melted
180g cream cheese
90g smooth peanut butter
70g caster sugar
90mls double cream
- Prepare the individual brownie pan as shown. Alternatively you can use a large rectangle pan and cut into squares.
- Blitz the peanut butter oreos into crumbs or place in a sealed bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with 50g melted butter.
- Place 1 - 2 tablespoons of cookie crumbs into each square and press down.
- Place in the fridge to set whilst you make the filling. You can also put it in the freezer if you are in a hurry.
- To make the filling, beat the cream until stiff and set aside.
- Next, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the beaten cream and stir.
- Spread an even layer of the filling on top of each cookie base.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Before serving, place a golden oreo on top of each square.
Disclaimer: I was sent Peanut Butter Oreos and Golden Oreos for review purposes. A positive review was not required and all opinions are my own. This is not a sponsored post.