It's British Pie Week this week 7- 13 March and I've teamed up with Jus Rol Pastry who are the founders of British Pie Week to create a simple recipe. The inspiration for this idea came from wanting to use up some Serrano ham as we got a whole leg of Serrano Ham for Christmas and only unwrapped it late in January. There's a lot of ham to use up so I've been creating different recipes incorporating Serrano ham. We were invited to a get together at our neighbours and wanted to bring party food to the table. These pizza pinwheels are perfect as they are quick and easy to make and tastes delicious! All you need is a sheet of Jus Rol puff pastry, tomato puree, dried herbs, slices of ham and grated cheese. You can make this vegetarian by omitting the ham and adding in slices of courgette or have it with cheese, tomato and herbs.
add a generous amount of grated cheese, followed by slices of ham. Roll into a sausage and slice with a sharp knife
Ham and Cheese Pizza Pinwheels
1 box Jus Rol Puff pastry
1 tube tomato puree
150g grated cheese
dried herbs (optional)
Ham slices - enough to cover the pastry
1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a non stick surface.
- Spread a generous layer of tomato puree and smooth with a palette knife.
- Add a sprinkling of dried herbs if using.
- Add the grated cheese then the ham slices, covering the whole pastry sheet.
- Starting from the shorter end of the pastry, roll into a sausage.
- Cut into slices and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Brush the pastry with the eggwash.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes but watch closely after 18 minutes or so to make sure it's not burnt.
- Serve warm or cold.
Disclaimer : I was sent vouchers from Jus Rol to buy the pastry. I provided all the other ingredients. All opinions expressed are my own.