These cookies are really simple to make yet extremely addictive and delicious. They are really crispy and crunchy and I love the melted toffee crisp inside. I made 2 batches of these as they were just so delicious and we couldn't stop eating them straight from the oven. J and I both took a batch to work and they disappeared in no time!
I'm sending these to Treat Petite hosted by Stuart from Cakeyboi and Kat from The Baking Explorer. The theme this month is favourite sweets, chocolates and biscuits which was the inspiration for this bake. I love toffee crisp bars and used to eat a lot of it when I was younger. I decided to bake it into a cookie and was really pleased with the result.
I'm also sending it to AlphaBakes hosted by Caroline from Caroline Makes and myself on alternate months. The letter this month is 'T' for Toffee Crisp.
80g white sugar
80g brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 bars of Toffee Crisp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Finally add the chopped Toffee Crisp bars.
- I used an ice cream scoop to place cookie dough evenly spaced on a baking sheet. Alternatively drop heaped tablespoonfuls of dough on to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light brown (centre will still be soft).
- Allow to cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.