Saturday 17 December 2011

Cranberry, flame raisin and macadamia oat cookie


Christmas baking is slightly limited this year due to other commitments but I really just can't help myself. I went food shopping the other day and came across this lovely bag of goodies ....


... I don't know about you but the first thought that crossed my mind was cookies!  So after the success of my chocolate, orange and cranberry cookies, I decided to create another cookie recipe.  I felt an oat cookie would work best and as it's Christmas, I added in some cinnamon. The result - an oaty, cinnamonny and crunchy cookie with juicy cranberries and raisins.  The flavours work really well together here.  You can also add in chopped white chocolate or milk chocolate if you like to make it even more indulgent. 

I'm entering this to Tea Time Treats which is hosted by Kate from What Kate Baked who is our lovely hostess for this month and Karen from Lavender and Lovage


and also to the English Mum's Big Christmas Bakeoff 




 love the bright colours 

 ready to go in the oven 

 delicious!

An original recipe by bakingaddict
Makes approximately 50 cookies 

220g butter
150g soft light brown sugar
75g caster sugar
2 eggs
150g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
270g rolled oats
1 pack of cranberry, flame raisins and macadamia mix (300g) 

  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. 
  • Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. 
  • Add in the eggs and mix well. 
  • In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, cinnamon and oats together. 
  • Add to the butter mixture and mix well.
  • Finally stir in the cranberry, flame raisins and macadamia mix by hand. 
  • Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out small rounded spoonfuls of dough spaced apart. 
  • Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
  • Allow to cool on the sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
  • Store in an airtight container. 

12 comments:

  1. I'm sure this would go down well at any Christmas party! that bag of raisins, nuts and cranberries was a pretty good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many recipes - these look amazing but then so does the rest of them. Once I have got past today I will have to sit down and have a good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What yummy treats! I'll be making a version of those cookies myself this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cupcake Crazy Gem - thanks! I brought it to work and it disappeared very quickly!

    Chele - thanks :)

    Cakeboule - thanks :)

    yummychunklet - ooh look forward to seeing what you make

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they look good.

    I am wondering if I should invest in some more of the hugly reduced supermarket Christmas cake kits, purely for the brandy soaked fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen - thanks. Great idea to get the Christmas cake kits for the fruits, will have a look next time I'm at the supermarket. I love buying things that I think I can incorporate into a bake later especially bargain items :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heh, flame raisins :D Never heard of these - I must look them up! Sounds like all the makings for an awesome cookie though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charles - I've never heard of flame raisins either until I saw these. The cookie was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really a great recipe. My boys are sure going to luv it! Thanks for sharing your recipe ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lostinausten - thanks! I hope they will enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!