Thursday 15 December 2011

Cinnamon sugar palmiers


I've mentioned before that I love palmiers but the last time I tried to make it at home, it wasn't perfect. So after a little research I decided to give it another go. My main inspiration comes from one of my favourite blogs Joy the Baker. I then saw a cinnamon version on 365 days of baking based on Joy's recipe. The pictures on both blogs looked amazing and I had high hopes for my second attempt. I'm very pleased to report that I was not disappointed in the least. The result was exactly what I was looking for. Crisp, buttery, sugary and cinnamonny (is that even a word?!) Perfect for Christmas so I am entering this to the English Mum's Big Christmas Bakeoff 


This is really easy to make and all you need are 3 ingredients - puff pastry, sugar and cinnamon. To make the cinnamon sugar, mix 1 cup of sugar with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. 


 spread lots of cinnamon sugar on a worksurface

 Place puff pastry on top and sprinkle more cinnamon sugar on top. Roll out the edges of the puff pastry with a rolling pin 

 fold one end to the middle and repeat on the other end so you end up with.... 

...something like this

 scroll like 

 place in the fridge for about 30 minutes then slice and place on baking tray. Bake for about 20 minutes and... 

..voila! 


15 comments:

  1. Oh my.... this looks tasty, and festive! I also love cinnamonny things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these look and sound so delish! I can imagine they are amazing warm! and Cinnamony is definitely a word in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what their called Palmiers! I love them but always forget its name hahhaha :)
    Yum yum ~ Can you please send some over to HK? ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic! And perfect to get everyone in the Christmas spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to make these for awhile. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YES! I love cinnamon sugar and palmiers, so these are my dream treat! Great step by step photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, they look great. I love puff pastry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE them!!! You did such a great job!!! Thanks so much for the shout out!!
    I look forward to visiting you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo - thanks, love cinnamonny things too, got another one tomorrow :)

    Cupcake Crazy Gem - thanks! I am loving the word cinnamonny now :)

    Daisy - Sending some over now :)

    Sunshine - Thanks :)

    Lorraine - Thanks :)

    Yummychunklet - Do give them a try, you'll love them :)

    Karen - Thanks, hope the step by step photos help

    C - Thanks, love puff pastry too

    Lynne - your welcome, thanks again for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never eaten a palmier, but yours look delicious. This recipe sounds like something I would love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Words of Deliciousness - do give it a try, its really, really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love palmiers - sometimes in the bakeries here they make really huge ones - like, absolutely enormous, size of my face! They're one of my favourite treats when I'm out - yours look really professionally made - love the addition of cinnamon too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charles - I want a giant one! thanks for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great recipe & the step by step photos are amazing ^^

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!