This is one of my favourite recipe to use whenever I have over-ripe bananas. It's really easy to make - no KitchenAid required and works everytime. I love the combination of banana and honey. Simple and delicious.
225g self raising flour
100g golden caster sugar
3 ripe bananas
6 tablespoons clear honey
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Lightly butter a 900g/2lb loaf tin and line base with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir the sugar into the flour mixture.
- Peel and mash the bananas and tip into the bowl with the eggs and honey.
- Beat well until evenly combined
- Transfer into prepared tin and bake for 1¼ hours or until golden brown and a fine skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cover loosely with foil if it begins to brown too much.