Wednesday 2 March 2011

Almond Biscotti


I got this recipe from my mum which is a great way to use up left over egg whites.  It's a really easy and simple recipe with great results.  They're even better than the ones at Starbucks! I have made countless rounds of this recipe in the past few weeks including this lovely jar that I sold to a friend. The biscotti is light and crunchy with the delicious taste of roasted almonds. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. 

 beat egg whites until stiff 

 adding almonds 

 bake in loaf tin 

 or a mini loaf tin 


4 egg whites
110g caster sugar
110g plain flour
200g whole almonds

  • Preheat oven to 170C. 
  • Beat egg whites for a few minutes and then add sugar gradually until stiff peaks form. 
  • Fold in the flour.
  • Add almonds and stir in the mixture with a spatula. 
  • Pour into a loaf tin or roll into a log. 
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until light brown. 
  • Wrap in foil and keep for 1-2 days.
  • Slice thinly and bake again for 45 minutes at 130C until brown and crispy. 

3 comments:

  1. I've never made biscotti before but I sure would love to! Yours look great!! Would be so nice to have some with my coffee right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use for leftover egg whites, must try and remember this next time I have some left over. They look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gourmet Italian Biscotti are some of my favorite things to eat. I love the rich, buttery flavor and crunchy texture. And Giorgio cookies have the best Biscotti I've ever tasted. Their Biscotti are made with authentic Italian ingredients and are always fresh and delicious. I highly recommend Giorgio cookies to anyone who loves good food. And if you're looking for a special treat, their Italian Biscotti is a perfect choice. Order Italian Biscotti online today, and you'll be sure to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a tasty biscotti. Thanks for this fantastic article!

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!