Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Almond Biscotti


I got this recipe from my mum which is a great way to use up left over egg whites.  It's a really easy and simple recipe with great results.  They're even better than the ones at Starbucks! I have made countless rounds of this recipe in the past few weeks including this lovely jar that I sold to a friend. The biscotti is light and crunchy with the delicious taste of roasted almonds. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. 

 beat egg whites until stiff 

 adding almonds 

 bake in loaf tin 

 or a mini loaf tin 


4 egg whites
110g caster sugar
110g plain flour
200g whole almonds

  • Preheat oven to 170C. 
  • Beat egg whites for a few minutes and then add sugar gradually until stiff peaks form. 
  • Fold in the flour.
  • Add almonds and stir in the mixture with a spatula. 
  • Pour into a loaf tin or roll into a log. 
  • Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until light brown. 
  • Wrap in foil and keep for 1-2 days.
  • Slice thinly and bake again for 45 minutes at 130C until brown and crispy. 

2 comments:

  1. I've never made biscotti before but I sure would love to! Yours look great!! Would be so nice to have some with my coffee right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use for leftover egg whites, must try and remember this next time I have some left over. They look really good.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!