I got this recipe from my mum which is a great way to use up left over egg whites. It's a really easy and simple recipe with great results. They're even better than the ones at Starbucks! I have made countless rounds of this recipe in the past few weeks including this lovely jar that I sold to a friend. The biscotti is light and crunchy with the delicious taste of roasted almonds. Perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
4 egg whites
110g caster sugar
110g plain flour
200g whole almonds
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Beat egg whites for a few minutes and then add sugar gradually until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the flour.
- Add almonds and stir in the mixture with a spatula.
- Pour into a loaf tin or roll into a log.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until light brown.
- Wrap in foil and keep for 1-2 days.
- Slice thinly and bake again for 45 minutes at 130C until brown and crispy.