I bake a lot with bananas as you can see from my blog. This is the best banana recipe I've tried so far and probably the simplest to make as well. As usual I had a lot of over ripe bananas to use up but I also had 3 large tubs of yoghurt in the fridge (I wanted to make smoothies with the yoghurt but never got round to it). So I googled banana and yoghurt recipes and came up with this gem. It's really light and moist with a good strong banana flavour and a hint of cinnamon.
120ml sunflower oil
225g light muscovado sugar
3 large eggs
225g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 ripe bananas
150ml low fat natural yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease and line a 900g loaf tin.
- Pour the oil into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and whisk for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs one by one, whisking as you go.
- Stir in the flour and cinnamon.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a separate bowl.
- Add the mashed bananas and yoghurt into the cake mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake is well risen and golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.