As promised, yet another Oreo recipe - a cheesecake for a change. I made this as soon as I got back from holiday as I felt the desperate need to bake. I debated about what to make and as I had a lot of cream cheese in the fridge I decided it had to be a cheesecake. I thought about a fruity one - lemon or raspberry but I also have a lot of Oreos in my cupboard hence Oreo cheesecakes. I decided to make them cupcake size but as I was greedy, I doubled the recipe and ended up with a LOT of batter! I managed to make 27 cupcakes and a large tray of cheesecake as shown with the double recipe.
I burnt the first lot :( - I forgot to reduce the baking time as the original recipe was for a whole cheesecake but as I was making mini ones I should have halved the baking time. They still tasted good albeit a little overbaked. The second time, the cheesecake was soft and crumbly in your mouth with the delicious taste of Oreos.
This is a really simple recipe, no fuss and definite results (even if you get it wrong) so I'll definitely be making these again.
24 Oreo Cookies
45g butter, melted
750g cream cheese (I used Philadelphia cream cheese)
5mls vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place 16 Oreo cookies in a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin or blitz in a food processor.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press into the base of the pan or cupcake cases if making mini cheesecakes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Roughly chop the remaining 8 cookies.
- Gently stir the crushed cookies into the cream cheese batter.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- (You can sprinkle addition crushed cookies on top - I added all of mine to the batter)
- Bake whole cheesecake for about 45 minutes until the centre is almost set. Reduce baking time to 20-25 minutes for cupcakes.
- Leave to cool then refrigerate for a few hours or preferably overnight before serving.