I love the combination of raspberries and white chocolate. I remember making these muffins many years ago pre-blog but realised I've never made them for my blog so here they are. It's not quite the same recipe as I can't remember where I placed that one (it was handwritten on a piece of paper from a friend) so I used a recipe I found online. The muffins were moist and the tart raspberries paired well with the white chocolate.
I'm sending this to Calendar cakes hosted by Rachel from Dolly Bakes and Laura from Laura Loves Cakes. The theme this month is Achy Cakey Heart and these muffins would be perfect for a Valentine's treat or for an everyday treat!
Recipe from BBC Good Food online
Makes 12 muffins of size shown
300g self raising flour
100g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter, melted
150g fresh raspberries
100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Mix the flour and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk.
- Pour the melted butter and egg and milk mixture into the flour/sugar mixture.
- Stir to combine but do not over mix.
- Stir in half of the raspberries.
- Add in the chopped white chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases and dot with the remaining raspberries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until well risen, golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.