Sunday 20 April 2014

Homemade Chocolate Easter Eggs


Happy Easter Everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the long bank holiday weekend. We had a lovely picnic out yesterday and tucked into our Easter eggs today. I decided to make my own Easter eggs this year with a mould that I bought from Lakeland. It's really easy to make and you can customise your own eggs. I made a selection of dark, milk and white mini eggs and a milk chocolate shell. I packed it in a gift bag tied with my special ribbon that says "handmade with love". J had a special egg that was half dark and half milk as requested. It looked good and tasted very chocolatey and he was most impressed with the little eggs inside!

Happy Easter Everyone! 
.

 there are 4 large moulds and 3 mini moulds in the pack. Melt the chocolate and fill the moulds

 making the mini eggs 

 brush a thin layer or chocolate in the large mould and allow to set in the fridge. Repeat the process at least 4 times otherwise it will be too fragile



 ready to assemble - place the small eggs inside the large one and brush a bit of melted chocolate on the outer edges. Gently place the other large shell on top and allow to set in the fridge

 The finished egg

 with some Easter packaging 

 my favourite ribbon :) 

5 comments:

  1. Very professional Ros! The packaged egg looks amazing.... you put me to shame! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were fun to make and the recipients were very pleased :)

      Delete
  2. That's lovely, so much nicer than buying someone an egg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought to and it's good fun to make!

      Delete
  3. how lovely. What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!