A quick and easy atumnal bake today. These muffins are really quick to make and are bursting with flavour. You get juicy apple pieces and melted toffee and a hint of spice to round it all up. I adapted a recipe from BBC Food and used low fat toffee yoghurt instead of milk for extra flavour. You can also add nuts which complement these muffins well but I kept these nut free as a colleague is allergic to walnuts. These were a real hit and I baked them 3 times last week! I have another very exciting bake for Bonfire Night coming up so make sure you check back soon :)
I'm sending this to Treat Petite hosted by Kat from The Baking Explorer and Stuart from Cakeyboi. The theme this month is Autumn.
I love that you getlarge chunks of apple to bite into and how the toffee has melted all down the sides of the muffin
Makes 14 muffins
2 pots of 165g fat free toffee yoghurt
60 mls milk
100g brown sugar
100g butter, melted
300g plain flour
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 apples, peeled, cored and choped
28 toffee sweets
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix the yoghurt, milk, eggs, sugar and butter.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients.
- Stir into the wet ingredients until just mixed.
- Stir in the chopped apples.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Place 2 toffee sweets on top of each muffin.
- Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.