Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Chocolate Fudge Cake


Hi everyone! Sorry for the long absence. Life has just been crazy lately and I've also lost my baking mojo :( I hope it will come back soon as I do enjoy baking and everyone keeps asking me where's the cake? I will however have to step back from blogging for the time being but I hope to come back to it in full swing at a later date.

This is a really simple recipe from the Queen of baking, Mary Berry. The letter for this month's AlphaBakes is F so I decided to bake a simple chocolate fudge cake. Looking back on my blog, I can't believe I've not baked one before! This is a really quick and simple recipe with great results. The cake was light, moist and chocolatey and the ganache was divine. It went down really well at J's office and I'm sure I'll be baking this again in the future. 

I'm sending this to AlphaBakes hosted by myself this month and co-hosted by Caroline from Caroline Makes. The letter this month is F for Fudge cake. 



 mix cocoa powder with boiling water 

 mix all the ingredients together and you're done! 



I decorated mine with white chocolate stars 



I used this recipe which I found online so I won't reproduce it here.

6 comments:

  1. I know how you're feeling - I've been struggling with my baking mojo for a while. I'm not entirely sure if it's baking or blogging.
    Hope you find yours soon - this cake looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's more the blogging but the baking has taken a hit too. Hope you find yours soon too!

      Delete
  2. Blogging certainly isn't what it used to be. I'm not baking nearly as much either, though I will be posting a fantastic rhubarb cake tomorrow. So sorry I haven't visited your brilliant baking blog for a while. As you say, life is too ridiculously busy! I wouldn't mind a slice of this chocolatey delight though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. odia songs,
    dj songs,
    download songs,
    mp3 songs download,
    mp3 songs
    http://odiarocks.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds and looks amazing. thanks for sharing this. will be giving this recipe a go. Simon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the information which is good for me and others also - happy room online | juegos friv gratis

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!