Yet another cookie, this time the best ever chocolate chip cookie!! You honestly have to try this recipe. It's so much better than the previous recipe I tried. You will notice that it's quite similar but the amounts differ which is what makes the difference. These cookies are light, moist and crunchy at the same time.
80g white sugar
80g brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
300g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter, sugars, egg and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Finally add the chocolate chips.
- I used an ice cream scoop to place cookie dough evenly spaced on a baking sheet. Alternatively drop heaped tablespoonfuls of dough on to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until light brown (centre will still be soft).
- Allow to cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.