The birthday season is over for now. Back to my all time favourite - cookies :) I made these for a picnic in the park. They're really simple to make and taste delicious. I don't usually like white chocolate but the combination of macadamia nut and white chocolate is amazing.
125g butter, softened
225g soft brown sugar (I only used 150g)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
225g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
200g white chocolate chips
150g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and stir to combine,
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl and stir into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Fold through the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Place heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture on the preheated baking sheet, leaving a little space between them to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 15-20minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.