The cookie monster is back :) I just can't stay away from them... I love cakes but cookies are my real weakness. I saw these on brown eyed baker and knew I just had to make them. I made a few modifications as I didn't have all the ingredients to hand and they turned out really well! I have to say I much prefer the chocolate chip cookies which had a cleaner, simpler taste. Those are my favourite cookies to date and I would highly recommend them. Although I like peanut butter, I think the taste of peanut butter in this cookie was a little overpowering. Don't get me wrong, they were still very good particularly if you need a sugar hit! The other plus point is that this cookie is really easy to make as its a 'mix everything and bake' recipe. No need for any fancy kitchen equipment and if you're like me, you'd have all the ingredients to hand.
Makes approx 56 cookies (size as shown)
110g caster sugar
100g light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon golden syrup
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
345g peanut butter
405g rolled oats (I only used 200g this time as that was all I had left)
60g plain flour (I used 150g to compensate for oats)
150g choc chips
6 Reese's peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease and line 2 baking sheets.
- Stir eggs, vanilla, sugar, golden syrup, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in butter and peanut butter.
- Add oats and flour.
- Finally add the chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, M&Ms (or whatever fillings you decide to use).
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Scoop even sized dough on to the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.