Even more from the hummingbird bakery cookbook... oat and raisin cookies. Simple and delicious.
270g unsalted butter, at room temperature
160g caster sugar
160g soft dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
380g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
110g rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Put the butter and sugars in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use an electric handwhisk) and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition.
- Turn the mixer down to slow speed and beat in the vanilla extract.
- Sift together the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a separate bowl, add the oats and mix well.
- Add to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the raisins with a wooden spoon until evenly dispersed.
- Arrange equal amounts of cookie dough on the prepared baking trays.
- Make sure that the cookies are spaced apart to allow for spreading while cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
- Check them regularly to make sure they are not burning.
- When you are happy tat they are cooked through, remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly on the trays before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.