I don't think I need to tell you again how much I love peanut butter. Peanut butter and jam are one of those classic combinations that most people love including me! There's something about the salty nuttiness of peanut butter combined with the sweet jam that makes it wonderful. Why am I talking about peanut butter and jam? Well I was sent this lovely cupcake maker from find-me-a-gift.co.uk to review. It comes in a box with an instruction booklet and recipe. It states that you can make cupcakes or muffins so I chose muffins! There is 1 recipe for chocolate chip muffins in the booklet but I chose to make these instead. They were really simple to make (just mix everything together) and the muffins were delicious! A great breakfast or tea time treat.
Disclaimer : I was sent this product free to review but did not receive any other monetary incentive. I was not required to provide a positive review and all opinions are my own.
- It's simple and easy to use.
- It's non stick and very easy to clean.
- You can have mini cupcakes or muffins in minutes (also see con).
-No extra equipment eg cupcake cases required
- It's a great gift especially for non bakers or for kids but will still require supervision.
-It's great if you are looking for a hands on activity with the kids as you don't have to wait 20-30 minutes for the cupcakes/muffins to cook especially if you want the kids to decorate them.
-It's good for portion control as they are bite sized.
-You can still bake even if your oven is not working!
- You can only make 7 muffins at one time. 1 recipe makes about 35 mini muffins which is approximately 15-25 minutes total baking time. For me, it would have been quicker to just bake them all at once in the oven as with this I had to remove the cooked muffins every few minutes and put new batter in to cook.
Recipe adapted from nomandglug
Makes 35 mini muffins as shown (you can make 1/4 recipe which should yield 6-7 mini muffins. Here's a top tip from Andrea about quartering the egg - "Break the egg and whisk it up. Pour it into a measuring cup (usually 1 large egg is about 1/4c). Then use as much as you need (1/4 of 1/4c is 1T)"
250g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
60mls vegetable oil
70g peanut butter (I used crunchy peanut butter)
75g strawberry jam
- Prepare the cupcake maker according to the instructions given.
- Mix flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the honey, milk and egg.
- Add this to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add in the peanut butter.
- Finally swirl in the strawberry jam - do not over mix.
- Cook in the cupcake maker as instructed.