Quick recipe post today with an indulgent banana bread. I love baking with bananas and have all sorts of banana recipes. However, I almost always go back to combining it with peanut butter or chocolate or both! This bread has peanut butter chips, chocolate chips and nutella! It also has spelt flour and bananas so I don't feel too guilty having a slice or two :) It's quite indulgent and not an everyday bread but it's perfect for weekends or holidays. The bread is moist and you can definitely taste the peanut butter in there. I know I burnt my nutella top but it actually tastes quite good - I love the crusts and crispy bits. If you try this recipe, remember to cover with foil before baking!
I'm entering this to the Breakfast Club hosted by Helen from Fuss Free Flavours as the theme for this month is Holiday!
Add blobs of nutella on top ...
.... and give it a little swirl
oops burnt the top as I forgot to cover with foil... still tasted good!
I love the nutella crust and you can see the chocolate chips/peanut butter chips in the slice - yum!
140g peanut butter
60mls vegetable oil
50g caster sugar
50g brown sugar
185g spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g milk chocolate chips
100g peanut butter chips
3 heaped tablespoons nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the banana mixture and pour in the flour mixture.
- Stir gently until just mixed - do not over mix
- Fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a loaf tin and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Add 3 big blobs of nutella on top spaced apart.
- Use a knife or toothpick to swirl the nutella.
- Cover with kitchen foil after about 20 minutes to avoid burning the top.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.