Sunday 12 February 2012

Edible Cupcake Box: A Valentine's Treat


I saw these on sweet simple stuff last night and thought I HAVE to make this... IMMEDIATELY!! They are so super cute and perfect for Valentine's which is coming up. They are really easy to make and there's no baking involved (unless you want to bake your own meringues)  They are not perfect but I am really, really pleased with them. I have a big smile on my face and can't wait to give them out! These would be great as party favours or gifts and they can be adapted for different holidays... the possibilities are endless!

I am linking this to Sweet Luv @Zesty Palette


 I used mini cupcake liners 

 Melt strawberry buttons (available in the supermarket) or candy melts and spread a thin layer over the case. I did 2 layers to make the cases sturdier. 

 Fill with little goodies - I used love hearts - and top with a meringue

 I used edible glue to stick the hearts and sprinkles on the meringue. 



 For detailed instructions and lovely pictures, click here 

24 comments:

  1. omg!! Consider this idea stolen!! love them! :)

    Nom! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop staring at them :) I'm going to make them for every holiday and birthday now! ;P

      Delete
  2. So cute and lovely clicks. Thx for linking to the event.

    Vardhini
    Event: Sweet Luv
    Event: Strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! They're delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! No wonder you are pleased with them - another great idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look amazing! Perfect for Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for other occasions if you decorate it differently :)

      Delete
  6. How clever! These are just so pretty and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so pleased I came across this as clearly I would not have thought of it myself!

      Delete
  7. cute I'm gonna make these tonight, do you take the paper cases off? is that bit tricky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes be careful when peeling the cases off as it's quite fragile. Hope it turns out well - do let me know how you get on :)

      Delete
  8. Wow... soo sweet & lovely! This is such a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a genius! would love to try one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I really can't take credit for the idea though :)

      Delete
  10. I love love love all your recipes Ros :)

    How come I've never thought of an edible cupcake cases!!!! they look fab too ~

    Happy Valentine's Day ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy - you're too kind :) I really love this idea and everyone who has received one has been very impressed too!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sherring this idea with all of us i have just ordered the melting candy to have a go im going to us the silcon cupcases keep the great ideas up!! thank you Hayley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Great idea using silicone cases - I'm going to do that next time. Let me know how you get on with yours :)

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!