Wednesday 15 February 2012

Raspberry Marble Cheesecake


Just when you thought Valentine's is over.... I have 2 more 'Valentine Bakes' for you. The first one is this lovely raspberry marble cheesecake made for Martha Stewart Cupcake Club (MSCC). I discovered this on Cupcake Crazy Gem who coincidentally is hosting this month and has chosen these fabulous cupcakes for us to bake. You must own the Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book (which I highly recommend) and have a blog to participate. A recipe is chosen each month and everyone bakes the same recipe (but variations are allowed) and posts on the 15th of each month. 
These cupcakes are baked in a water-bath resulting in a rich, creamy cheesecake which does not sink or crack. They tasted absolutely divine!! One of the best cheesecakes I've ever made. I modified the recipe slightly - I didn't have any graham crackers so I used HobNobs for the base. I reduced the amount of cream cheese as after conversion, it would be 900g cream cheese which is way too much! I also reduced the sugar amount as I didn't want it to be too sweet.


Addendum: HobNobs are oaty biscuits similar to digestive biscuits and is widely available in the UK. 


If you want to join in next month, we will be baking Lavender Iced Brownies hosted by Simple Girl.



 blitz lovely raspberries, add a little sugar and strain... 

.. to get a nice raspberry puree

 how to make marbled cheesecake - I used hobnobs for the base. Add cheesecake filling, then 3 small blobs of raspberry puree and marble with a toothpick! 


 delicious! 

Recipe is available online from martha stewart's website

24 comments:

  1. Please keep the Valentine's day recipes coming :) I love them ~ as a matter of fact I'd love it to be Valentine's day everyday or at least a monthly event :D

    These are so yummy looking and I love that pic where you show us how to create the marble effect ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are loving my Valentine bakes! There's another one tomorrow :)

      Delete
  2. These look great, love cheesecake! I didn't know Martha Stewart had a cupcake book, I'll have to get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a lovely book even though I have to convert everything! So pleased I now have an excuse to use it more often.

      Delete
  3. What a creative way to show the filling process! Great and tasty looking cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks... the idea was actually from martha's book :) the cupcakes were definitely very tasty indeed!

      Delete
  4. the cupcakes look great and i agree, they were fantastic tasting.

    what are hobnobs? a digestive biscuit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HobNobs are similar to digestives but it's made from oats. I love the crumbly texture of the biscuit.

      Delete
  5. Yours look awesome! I like the way you set up the photo just like in the book. Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so pleased to join the club as I love cupcakes and I love Martha Stewart and I have the book :)

      Delete
  6. I love the stage by stage photos these look delish!

    Nom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! So glad you could bake with us! I had to look on your Blogger profile to see what country you were in since I've never heard of Hob Nobs! :-) I agree that these were mighty tasty and the cupcake size is really a perfect serving size. Hope to see you next month!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added a line and a picture about hobnobs now :) These were really tasty cupcakes! It was fun baking with you this month and I hope to join in next month as well although the timing might be tight as I'm going away until mid-march.

      Delete
  8. These little cheese cakes sound wonderful. They are just the right size.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great Valentine recipe! These look really, really, REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Next valentine recipe is for your tea time treat :)

      Delete
  10. Ah I'm so happy you joined in and surprised! I can't keep up with all the baking clubs and challenge you are members of - you must enjoy keeping busy! haha. I love the Martha style photo you took of the cheesecakes in their 4 stages...I had planned to do that same shot and before I knew it I'd filled all 4 rows of cases and it was too late! haha. I used hob nobs too because sadly I used the last of my graham crackers last week to make s'mores...lucky you as you'll get to stock up on some soon - how soon is it you leave? or maybe you shouldn't tell me, I will be too jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I cant quite keep up myself! These cheesecakes were a good pick, everyone loved them. I'll definitely make them again. I prefer hobnobs to digestives now for cheesecakes. I'm leaving next week!! eek! I'll send you some, shall i? :)

      Delete
  11. I never get tired of cheesecakes, and I just saw that you used hobnobs too, instead of digestives? Nice idea! So cool that you've made individual ones too - bite-size ftw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using hobnobs in cheesecakes now. I am going to be making cheesecake cupcakes next time - great for portion control and serving.

      Delete
  12. These cute raspberry marble cheesecake look absolutely lovely! I love cheesecake but only make one so far. I must try this recipe of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should check out the other MSCC bakers - they look much better than mine :) The cheesecakes really were delicious so I would highly recommend them.

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!