Monday 27 February 2012

Secret Recipe Club: Oatmeal, M&M and Peanut Butter cookies


It's time for another secret recipe reveal day! The secret recipe club was started by Amanda from Amanda's Cookin' It has become very popular and there is currently a waiting list to join! I am in Group D and will be blogging a secret recipe post at the end of each month. The idea is simple - each month you are assigned a blog which you keep secret hence the name and make a recipe from that blog. Someone else will have your blog too. All posts are revealed at the same time on a set date. As Amanda says, its a fun way to discover new blogs, make new friends and step outside of our comfort zones.

This month, I have been assigned lifeandkitchen as my secret blog and I absolutely love it. There are so many recipes there that appeal to me particularly the baker in me :) I have to admit I'm always slightly worried that I will be assigned a blog that has no baking in it but have not come across that yet. There is a clear recipe index on her blog with gorgeous photos for each post.  The recipes are easy to follow and I've already bookmarked a few other recipes to try. 
For this challenge I chose these oatmeal, M&M and peanut butter cookies - I don't think you even need to ask why if you are a frequent visitor to my blog! Coincidentally, I chose peanut butter chip pillows for my first secret recipe post. Do you see a trend here? :) 




 I decided to use peanut M&Ms for extra nuttiness :) 

 love the colour of the M&Ms 




Recipe adapted from lifeandkitchen

225g butter
100g brown sugar
90g caster sugar
390g peanut butter
2 eggs
185g flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
135g oats
185g peanut M&Ms


  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. 
  • Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
  • Add in the peanut butter and then the eggs, one at a time. 
  • Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and oats.
  • Finally, add the m&m's.
  • Scoop small scoops of cookie dough on to the baking sheet spaced apart.
  • Bake for approximately 10 minutes until golden brown. 


45 comments:

  1. Oh nice job! These remind me of my favorite monster cookies (essentially the same thing)! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter in cookies...or anything for that matter is always a winner for me, great looking cookie.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A' SRC entry: Crunchy Fudgy Heart Bites and my Group 'D' entry: Health(ier) Peanut Brittle

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love peanut butter!! Thanks for dropping by. I will be visiting your blog once I am home from my travels :)

      Delete
  3. How fun to throw M&Ms in the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite my resistance to candies, M&M's are particularly tough for me to resist ;) Whenever I see a cookie with these devils, I can't help but desire a munch of the cookie. These look delicious (in spite of myself)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's just something about those cheeky M&Ms :)

      Delete
  5. Mmm I love the idea of using peanut M&M's. You can never go wrong with an oatmeal cookie, especially when it's loaded with all this yumminess!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at peanut butter!!! I could go for about a dozen of these right now:-) Great recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have my mouth watering. They look very tempting. SRC rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love peanut M&M's but have not yet tried them in baking. These definitiely look lush, and are tempting me into the kitchen - not that I need an excuse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh i love peanut butter and m&m's! They look delicious! Will have to have a go at making these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you give it s try, they really are good :)

      Delete
  10. How tempting are those? What a good idea for an event, it is a bit like Taste & Create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were quite addictive. I've not heard of taste & create - will have to check it out!

      Delete
  11. This sounds like a good challenge, I might have to join the waiting list!! The cookies look really tasty too, a perfect recipe for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do sign up! It's good fun and yes these cookies are definitely perfect for me :)

      Delete
  12. My kids would be in heaven if I baked these for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make you the best mum in the world :)

      Delete
  13. These sound DELICIOUS :) I'm a weird one I don't really like peanut butter but I like peanut M&M's hehe ~ YUMMY! You're great still blogging even though you're away on a trip :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol weird indeed ;p I prepared this post before I left as the date clashed with my travels.

      Delete
  14. So I thought for a split second I would boycott you and your blog in pure jealousy for the fact you are cupcaking and sweet toothing it up in my favourite place in the whole world!!! but then I got over it! and I came across these amazing cookies and had a change of heart, haha (you know I would never boycott you...but the jealousy part is all true!) they are so chunky looking and who doesn't love peanut m&m's! You could remake these when you get home with actual peanut butter m&m's if you manage to pick any up over there, now that would be a pb overload! but I'm sure any pb lover like yourself would love it! Hope you are having the time of your life :) so excited for all your blogs when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol so glad you didn't boycott me ;) I bought a few bags of peanut butter M&Ms - they are my FAVOURITE !!

      Delete
  15. PB cookies with peanut M&Ms! My family will love these! Nice for a mummy to know there is some "healthy" oats hidden in these cookies :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to make these for your family, im sure they will enjoy it:)

      Delete
  16. What a yummy looking cookie! I've made cookies with regular m&m's before, but never the peanut kind. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They add extra nuttiness to the cookies :)

      Delete
  17. Oh Wow! My sons would love to have 2 dozens of these ! Delicious & colorful! BTW there's an award waiting for you at my blog! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to make these for your sons. Thanks so much for the award! Sorry I've been slow at replying as I'm still travelling.

      Delete
  18. I may just have to tweet these today, Ros. It's National Peanut Butter Lovers' Day here in the states and your cookies need to be shared:) I must admit, I'm a bit surprised you didn't somehow add bananas seeing how much you love baking with them too, lol...

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tweet. National peanut butter lovers day is right up my alley! Will have to add bananas to the mix next time :) wait till you see my new banana bread tin!!! :)

      Delete
  19. yum! perfect timing for March's National Peanut Month

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look seriously delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The delicious cake, the cake I want to do it and play the game with my husband at the weekend
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!