3 large over-ripe bananas
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup (80 ml) vanilla soymilk (or apple sauce)
1/2 cup (120 ml) sugar
2 cups (240 g) white whole wheat flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (240 ml) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180CF.
- Mix the soymilk with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and let stand until it curdles. (If using apple sauce, skip this step and add the lemon juice to the bananas.)
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add the remaining lemon juice, soymilk, and sugar. Stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, and stir just until the mixture is well-combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. (Reduce baking time if making miniatures such as these ~40-45mins)
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.