I saw this recipe sometime ago on Cookie Sleuth's blog and have been meaning to try it but never quite got round to it until now. I've never had banana in a cookie before so I thought it would be interesting to try. The cookie is quite soft and chewy. The wholewheat flour and oats makes it feel healthy which is an added bonus :)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 ripe bananas
1 eggs white
100g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add mashed bananas and egg white.
- Fold in flour mixture and the chocolate chips.
- Place heaped tablespoons of dough (I used an ice cream scoop) on to the sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes.